Sarasin-Alpen and Alpen Capital bring Global Fusion to Oman for the fourth year
Muscat, 23rd February, 2011
Sarasin Alpen LLC, Oman, a subsidiary of Bank Sarasin-Alpen (ME) Ltd, Dubai, together with its investment banking associate Alpen Capital LLC is hosting its fourth annual Global Fusion concert on 3 March 2011 in Muscat, Oman. The Global Fusion is the companies’ flagship event and was first held in Muscat to mark the launch of their Oman operations in 2008.
This year’s concert will be led by the world famous Ustad Shujaat Khan who will be accompanied by master musicians such as Rahim Al Haj, Taufiq Qureshi, Patrick Possey, Yogesh Samsi, Michael Glenn, Firas Shahrstan and Manjari Chaturvedi on Sufi Kathak dance. In addition to providing a platform to musicians from across the world, one of the key highlights of the Fusion concert will be the performance of Omani musicians from the Royal Oman Symphony Orchestra – Saleh Hadid Al Mukhaini on the viola as well as a female Omani musician Ilham Salim Al Toqi on the violin.
Rohit Walia, Executive Vice Chairman & CEO, Sarasin Alpen and Alpen Capital “We are glad to bring the Global Fusion concert to Oman once again. We have received amazing feedback from our clients on the event and this encourages us to ensure that we keep coming back with something better every year.”
Atul Rao, Senior Executive Officer, Sarasin Alpen LLC, Oman “The Fusion concert has evolved over the years and we are very keen to support the local community by providing Omani musicians with a platform to perform with world class musicians at our Global Fusion concert. I am proud to announce that this year we have two musicians from Oman”.
The Oman Operations of Sarasin Alpen and Alpen Capital started in 2008. While Sarasin Alpen provides a complete range of private banking advisory services and is the first Swiss origin private banking advisory presence and activity in Oman, Alpen Capital offers investment banking advisory services on debt, equity and mergers & acquisitions. Both organizations, regulated by the Capital Markets Authority, Oman complement each other by providing value added services. In addition to Oman, Sarasin Alpen and Alpen Capital have a presence in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and India.
About the artists:
- Ustad Shujaat Khan – The world famous Sitar player who is regarded as one of the greatest North Indian musicians of his generation.
- Saleh Hadid Al Mukhaini – One of the best viola players from the Royal Oman symphony Orchestra
- Ilham Salim Al Toqi - One of the leading female Omani musicians. She has led the Royal Oman Symphony Orchestra
- Rahim Al Haj - Known as one of the greatest Oudh players, Rahim has won many accolades including 2 Grammy nominations.
- Yogesh Samsi - Famous tabla player from India
- Manjari Chaturvedi - A trained Kathak Dancer who has digressed from her traditional & classical roots to dance to the strains of Sufi music
- Taufiq Qureshi - An ace percussionist and acclaimed composer from India
- Patrick Possey - A renowned Saxophonist from the USA
- Firas Shahrstan - A renowned Qanun player from Syria
- Michael Glenn - A talented musician from the USA on the bass
View the gallery of photos: